Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thing #5 - Flickr

I've been using Google's Picasa for so long and I'm rather attached to it that I've been avoiding Flickr. Flickr is cool, though I hate that I have to have yet another log in on the web. (But, I suppose Google can't own everything, can it?)

So here's where that "I will try to keep an open mind" thing comes in.

Wow, right off the bat, I'm interested to see that there have been 5,248 uploads in the last minute ! (I assume that changes minute by minute.) People are out there uploading like crazy.

Stella's pet-peeve about online photo posting #1:

Pictures without correct orientation:




Though... that is really a very cute picture by holasoylulu. I love the look on the baby's face.


Pet-peeves aside, I love love love pictures like this:


If I'd have been wherever Christophe Szpajdel had been, I hope that I would have had the sight to take that picture too. Then again, looking over Christophe's photos, I doubt it...though it looks like he lives in a fairy-tale world full of beautiful woods. I really like that I can view his pictures without being signed in to Flickr. But...I worry about the saftey of it. Luckily, he has mostly unidetifiable woods, but I can see a safety issue with Flickr that anyone can see the photos. (Then again, I never would have been able to enjoy these wondeful photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment