Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thing #13 - Del.icio.us

I use Del.icio.us almost daily on my personal computer. I love being able to take my bookmarks with me wherever I am. It's also very helpful in case I find good resources while I'm surfing the web at home - I can tag them with "library" and then when I'm at work, I can find them easily without trying to remember what it was exactly or how I got there in the first place.

I'm not too involved in the social aspect of it. My friends who del.icio.us aren't very active, and we're friends in so many other areas (typically facebook or goodreads) that we communicate there. I'm beginning to believe that you can be far too connected to someone - through the internet.

I see a huge potential here to share knowledge. The internet is uncatalogued information and this can help librarians everywhere find what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment