Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thing #14 - Technorati

The first thing I learned about Technorati is that sadly, the links are out of date on the Maryland Libraries Learning 2.0 website. The "claim" link no longer works. :( And that was the feature I was most interested in exploring.

Ah well, no matter, on to other things on this happy green website. What shall we find?

Well, Blogging is definitely a much larger enterprise now than it was when I read my first blog (or as it was called at that time "blawg") in the late 1990s. I enjoyed reading the reports on the State of the Blogosphere from 2009.

It's crazy for me to realize that I - coming late to the game - started blogging in 2005. And when I started, I felt silly for starting something that I was sure was going to die out soon. But now...4 years later and blogging is stronger than ever. (Though my personal blog posts have died down in frequency.)

I really like how Technorati really separates everything out. You can no longer search by tag, but you can look at the most popular tags (there's another place where our instructional blog is incorrect - ah, the mercurial state of the internet!), and you can search by blog or post. What I also like is that the sections each have their own page, so that I can look under the "Lifestyle" section and go to the Family page. (Which, I'm sure you've realized by now is one of my interests.)

I do like all the possiblities and the ability look through blogs in a way that is a little more structured than normal. Plus, this helps me discover bloggers I never would have found before!

No comments:

Post a Comment