Friday, December 11, 2009

Thing #18 - Online Productivity Tools

You're probably sick of hearing me say things like this... I love Google Docs! I live on Google Docs.

I recently got a netbook that has a trial version of Microsoft Office installed. I have 60 uses, but then I have to pay for it. And paying for it is pretty expensive. So, I use Google Docs.

Then again, I've been using Google Docs for years. My parents live in Denver, Colorado and I'm here in Maryland. A few years ago, I was planning my wedding and needed to be able to work on the guest list with my parents easily. We created a Google Docs spreadsheet and I have been using it (Google Docs...and the spreadsheet, too) ever since. It's now my address book.

I also use Google Calendar to coordinate with my husband (who lives on the computer). I love it because I can't lose it and I can have access to it wherever there's a computer. If I'm going somewhere where there won't be access and I will need a calendar - I print it out and take it. That way, I can see my schedule. Plus, it keeps track of my changing Library schedule for me and I don't have to wonder if I'm working this Friday or next Friday.

Because of all the different places I have accounts, I chose not to create a Zoho account. I would like to explore it more at a different time.

No comments:

Post a Comment